An estimate of an average student budget in Norway is about 9.000-10.000 NOK per month for most expenses including housing, food, study materials, transport and activities.
Examples of what different items may cost in Norway
- Tuition fee 1.625 NOK per semester (Erasmus+ students are exempted)
- Semester fee to student welfare organisation: 500 NOK per semester (Erasmus+ students are exempted)
- Books: 1.500-3.500 NOK per semester
- Housing: 3.000-5.000 NOK / month
- Food and daily expenses: 4.000-5.000 NOK / month
- Bus card: 500 NOK / month
Examples of other costs:
- Lunch at the student cafeteria: 30-60 NOK
- Dinner at a restaurant: 120-250 NOK
- Gym membership: 220-360 NOK / month
- Cinema ticket: 120-150 NOK
Please notice that non-EU/EEA students must document a sufficient funding when applying for a residence permit. The required amount is 123.519 NOK for a year and 61.760 NOK for half a year (for the academic year 2020-21).
For more information please see www.udi.no/en