Rules and regulations
- A library card is required in order to borrow items from the NLA library.
- For students, the student card is used as a library card.
- Library users are responsible for ensuring that their contact details are correct. The information can be updated anytime in Oria.
Items need to be returned within the due date
- Loan period for books: 4 weeks
- Books on the reading list: 2 weeks
- Journals: 2 weeks
- DVD: 3 days
- Reference books: may not be taken out of the library or reading areas
- Library users are responsible for all borrowed material, and are not allowed to lend items to a second party.
- Items can be renewed, unless there is a waiting list. If so, the items is to be returned within the due date.
- You may reserve books that are on loan via Oria, but material that is available on the shelf may not be ordered or reserved.
- It is not allowed to take library items out of the country.
- After receiving three reminders, you will be charged a fee to replace the document.
- Lost or damaged items must be compensated. The fee for replacing a document is minimum 500 NOK.
- Failure to pay a fee will result in the suspension of library rights. The library may use legal recovery to ensure that the fee is paid.
- The patron has to pay for inter-library loan from libraries outside Norway.